Welcome to Semprex-D.com!
- SEMPREX-D Capsules are prescribed to reduce symptoms associated with seasonal allergic rhinitis. It is not known if SEMPREX-D is effective in relieving the symptoms of the common cold. It is not known if SEMPREX-D is effective when used longer than 14 days continuously to treat symptoms of seasonal allergic rhinitis
- SEMPREX-D Capsules provide relief of allergy symptoms. In a clinical study, patients experienced symptom relief in 1 – 2 hours of the first dose
- SEMPREX-D is an oral medicine combining 2 ingredients: acrivastine and pseudoephedrine HCl. SEMPREX-D was approved by the FDA in 1994 and has a long history of patient experience
- Only your healthcare provider can prescribe SEMPREX-D. If you have any questions, ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist.
- Full Prescribing Information
- SEMPREX-D ® (acrivastine and pseudoephedrine hydrochloride) Capsules are prescribed to reduce symptoms associated with seasonal allergies such as sneezing, runny nose, itching, watery eyes, and stuffy nose. It is not known if SEMPREX-D is effective in relieving the symptoms of the common cold. It is not known if SEMPREX-D is effective when used longer than 14 days continuously to treat symptoms of seasonal allergies
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
- Do not use SEMPREX-D if you are allergic to acrivastine or other alkylamine antihistamines, pseudoephedrine, other sympathomimetic amines, or to any other ingredients in the product. See the full prescribing information for a list of ingredients
- Due to the risk of dangerous elevations in blood pressure, do not take SEMPREX-D Capsules if you are taking a medication called a monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitor or for 14 days after stopping use of an MAO inhibitor
- SEMPREX-D should be used with caution in patients with high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, glaucoma, hyperthyroidism, or prostate problems (ie, benign prostatic hypertrophy [BPH]), stomach ulcer, or gastrointestinal (GI) obstruction
- Do not drive, operate machinery or do other dangerous activities until you know how SEMPREX-D Capsules affect you. Drowsiness, sedation, and sleepiness are common side effects of SEMPREX-D Capsules. Do not drink alcohol while taking SEMPREX-D Capsules because this may lead to additional reductions in alertness and impairment of CNS performance
- SEMPREX-D is not recommended in patients with renal impairment
- Only take SEMPREX-D Capsules as instructed by your doctor and do not take more than the prescribed dose. Do not use other over-the-counter antihistamines and decongestants at the same time you are taking SEMPREX-D
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant. You and your doctor will have to decide if you should take SEMPREX-D while you are pregnant or are breast feeding
Please see the accompanying full Prescribing Information